This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Learn how to make this easy vegan version of Filipino scrambled eggs. It requires just 3 ingredients and is ready in less than 30 minutes!
Filipino scrambled eggs are very simple to make, they’re essentially eggs with tomatoes and thinly sliced yellow onions. You may be thinking to yourself, “But eggs aren’t vegan!” Of course they aren’t, so today we will be using Just Egg, which is a mung bean based egg substitute that is entirely plant-based.
We love using Just Egg; it’s great for baking, omelets, and of course, scrambles. If you don’t have access to Just Egg or prefer to use something else, you can also use our tofu scramble recipe or a soy-free option, this chickpea scramble recipe.
Here’s What We Need:
- Tomatoes: We typically use large Roma or beefsteak tomatoes for this recipe, but if you have smaller cherry or grape tomatoes, those work too!
- Onions: Thinly sliced white or yellow onions work best in this recipe.
- Just Egg: Just Egg is this easiest thing to use for your scramble but like mentioned above, you can also use tofu or chickpea scramble.
- Green Onions: This is optional, but it makes for a great garnish, adds color and also is delicious!
- Black Salt: This is optional but recommended as it helps give the dish an “eggy” flavor!
Looking for More Breakfast Ideas?
- Vegan Breakfast Potato Hash
- Fall Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole
- Blender Oatmeal Pancakes
- Easy Vegan Rye Waffles
- Vegan Pumpkin French Toast
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!