This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Learn how to make this simply delicious vegan breakfast potato hash. It is full of flavor and made with easy-to-find ingredients that you may already have in your fridge and pantry.
Have you ever had a potato hash? We love making it when we are looking for a cozy weekend breakfast. Aside from the essential inclusion of potatoes, this breakfast hash is yours to customize. Whatever vegetables you have in your fridge, throw them into your hash!
Ingredients We Used
- Oil or vegan butter: We opt for avocado oil, but vegan butter works well, too!
- Yukon gold potatoes:
- Aromatics: The simple yet essential flavor base to start this dish off right. White or yellow onion, garlic, and red bell pepper, although you can choose spicy peppers if you like spice.
- Beans: We added black beans to this, but any beans of your choice should work.
- Greens: We wanted to make sure to incorporate some leafy greens, so we added some chopped kale. If you are not a fan of kale, spinach also works well.
- Vegan Sausage: This ingredient or any plant-based protein is optional but recommended! We loved Beyond Meat’s breakfast sausages; they’re not only incredibly delicious and reminiscent of what we remember sausage tasting like.
- Seasonings: We kept our seasoning simple and stuck to old bay seasoning, salt, and pepper.
While there are many different versions of potato hash, we did our best to keep this recipe simple. We are talking crispy potatoes, sizzling vegan breakfast sausage, kale, and bell peppers. Although simple, we promise that this recipe is jam-packed with flavor!
Other Add-Ins to Consider
- Mushrooms: Chop them small and add them in with the other vegetables.
- Vegan cheese: we like to mix it in to allow it to melt.
- Vegan egg: We tried this recipe using “Just Egg,” and it turned out great!
- Herbs: We like to add a sprinkle of fresh cilantro, parsley, or even green onions on top when serving.
- Avocado: Great for adding on top when serving
- Toasted bread: Sourdough is our favorite bread to pair with this, but whatever bread you like should be fine!
- Skillet: We recommend using a large cast-iron skillet to make this hash. If you don’t have one, a non-stick pan works great too!
- Spatula or mixing spoon
If you are craving more breakfast recipes, here are a few of our favorites:
- Fluffy Carrot Cake Pancakes
- Sweet Potato Hash
- Lemon Poppyseed Breakfast Cookies
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Breakfast Bars (Vegan + Gluten-Free)
- Chickpea Scramble (Soy-Free & High-Protein Vegan Breakfast)
- Oven Roasted Breakfast Potatoes (Oil-free + 6-Ingredients)
- Basic Tofu Scramble (6-Ingredients + Gluten-Free)
Nutrition facts label provided by Nutri Fox.
Disclaimer: The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional’s advice. This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!