This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Learn how to make this easy peasy vegan Dalgona Matcha Latte with just a few simple ingredients and less than 15 minutes of your time. It’s fluffy, delicious and a great alternative for coffee in the morning.
Dalgona Coffee is HUGE right now and for good reason– it is a easy to make and gorgeous alternative to a plain old cup of coffee. I have been wanting to try it out, but unfortunately I can’t drink coffee (it makes me crazy haha) and drink matcha instead so I thought, why not try it with matcha?
Typical Dalgona Matcha Latte recipes contain egg whites which is not vegan, so I chose to use aquafaba instead. It worked even better than I had anticipated and I am currently rushing to get this recipe out to you because you need to try it ASAP! It was so fun to make a tasty alternative to my regular matcha latte routine.
This recipe is simple and requires just a 5 ingredients– aquafaba, cream of tartar, powdered sugar, matcha powder and a plant based milk of your choice.
A few notes before we dive into this recipe:
- Electric Mixer: We used a hand mixer for this but a standing mixer would work just as well! Keep in mind that you may need to double the recipe if the bowl of your standing mixer is very large. You can whisk this by hand but keep in mind that it will take a long time and the results will not be as good as with an electric mixer based on my experience.
- Cream of Tartar: I have tried this recipe without the cream of tartar and it does work BUT it works better with it. Cream of tartar helps the aquafaba whip up faster and it also helps form better peaks, which results in a more ideal foam for the latte.
- Aquafaba: The time it takes to whip the aquafaba will vary depending on how thick it is to begin with.
- Sugar: Powdered sugar is recommended for this recipe as it is light and does not weigh down the peaks of the aquafaba. You can use granulated sugar as well but it may not be as fluffy.
- Matcha: My favorite matcha is from the brand The Reserve — I highly recommend it!
I don’t know the science behind aquafaba but it whips up just like egg whites but better, because it’s vegan! It always blows my mind when I whip it up, no matter how many times I made it, and I hope that it excites you as much as it excites me!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also like:
- Homemade Chai Latte
- 3-Ingredient Date Sweetened Matcha Latte
- Date-Sweetened Horchata
- How To Make Cold Brew at Home
- 3-Ingredient Date Shake
Disclaimer: The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional’s advice. This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!